Deluxe and Affordable Las Vegas Golf School
Sunset Station Casino & Black Mountain G.C.
Las Vegas, NV
Come experience Southern Nevada's best kept secret! Set in the shadows of the panoramic Black Mountains, amidst the floral of the Mojave Desert, Black Mountain Golf & Country Club provides the most unique and affordable golf experience in the Las Vegas Valley.
Minutes from the strip, located on more than 98 acres in the heart of Henderson, Nevada, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino is conveniently located near Lake Mead, Lake Las Vegas, Galleria Mall, our golf course, recreation areas, and other renowned restaurants and shops for your leisure and enjoyment.
Opened in 1997, Sunset Station is a AAA 3-Diamond rated deluxe hotel which offers 457 upgraded hotel rooms in a neutral palette, 52 junior suite(upgradable), 18 king suite(upgradeable) and more than 6,000 parking spaces. Plus, 114,000 square feet of gaming, entertainment and more than 13,000 square feet of meeting space .
Our 21-story tower offers a panoramic view of the glittering Vegas Valley and high desert mountain. Our suites provide an enticing retreat for our top VIPs. As our casino guest, you will enjoy a variety of amenities and property features to suit your needs.
Unrivalled gastronomy is at Sunset Station, as the resort offers multiple restaurants along with the Feast Buffet and afood court. The Sonoma Cellar Steakhouse is known for both its aged, prime cuts of beef and its modern California cuisine. At Pasta Cucina, you can enjoy old-style Italian classics in a spectacular garden setting. For a casual meal at any time of day, there's the Grand Café. It's easy to find -- just look for the restored Orenstein & Koppel #791 locomotive. And for a fun dining experience with a variety of margaritas, you can't go wrong at Cabo Mexican Restaurant. Plus, guests can indulge in fresh seafood at the hip Oyster Bar or world-famous chicken wings served by curvy waitresses in tight tank tops at Hooters.
The hotel's artfully designed center bar, called the Gaudi Bar, has a light and airy space with a laid-back vibe. Surrounded by stained glass in interesting curves, you'll feel like you've been transported to one of famed architect Antoni Gaudí's buildings in Spain. There are plenty of other places to sip on cocktails and converse at Sunset Station -- including the Martini Bar, Rosalita's Cantina, the Seville Bar and the Bullfighter's Bar.
Black Mountain Golf Course
Black Mountain Golf Course Details
Black Mountain offers three distinct 9-hole courses offering a perfect 18-hole combination to challenge golfers of all playing abilities. Our 27-hole championship layout, with rolling fairways, lush greens and strategically placed hazards, will challenge golfers of all levels. Conveniently located just minutes from the glitz and glamour of the Las Vegas Strip, Black Mountain is a sure bet to make your day unforgettable.
Founders is the original nine holes built in 1957 by Bob Baldock under the guidance of the "Founding Fathers". The course is the third oldest in the Las Vegas Valley and present many challenges to golfers of all skill levels. The opening three holes, Black Mountain's "Amen Corner," will test the best players' skills. The par 4, second hole, measures 430 yards from the back tees, and history shows with the prevailing headwind, it plays much longer. The par 3, third hole, plays 188 yeards to a small heavily bunkered green with treacherous undulations to complete the 3-hole challenge.
Horizon opened in June of 1963 and was designed by Bob Baldock and Superintendent Ira Cluff to complete the original 18 holes. The Horizon nine is more open than the original nine holes with well-bunkered greens. The par 5, fourth hole, plays 544 yards, with out of bounds left and desert right, placing a premium on accuracy on the tee shot. The green is guarded both left and right by bunkers and a water hazard right of the green requres a strategic second shot lay-up. This nine holes offers several birdie opportunities and the chance for a player to score well.
Desert opened in 2002 and is a true desert layout. Designed by Williams, Gill & Associates, this is a true test of accuracy, course management and patience. The par 4, fourth hole, play 380 yards and doglegs hard to the left with desert waste area down both sides. A draw on the tee shot will help avoid the large fairway bunker protecting the right side. A large bunker on the front left guards the green. Par is a rewarding score. The par 5 finishing hole has more obstacles than you can imagine. One the second shot lay-up, the water on the left creeps farther out into the fairway than you think. When you do reach the green, the challenge continues...good luck.
The members on Black Mountain thank you for playing. We trust you will enjoy our facilities and ask you to respect our property as if it were your own. Please observe proper golf etiquette to ensure that you and the other players around you have an enjoyable game.
Deluxe and Affordable Package Includes:
- Deluxe Casino Accommodations
- Lunch Daily
- 5 Hours of Daily Instruction
- 3 Hours of Daily Instruction Covering All Facets Putting, Pitching, Chipping, Sand, Full Swing, & Video Analysis
- 2 Hours Daily On-Course Instruction Covering All Facet Learned In Morning Session, Along With Course Management & Strategies, with Concentration On The 100 Yards & In Game
- All United States Golf Schools offers you the ability to improve your game in all facets. All our instructors have extended training, not only on the full swing, but also in our “Scoring Zone” program.
Score Zone Program!
- Some of the short game fundamentals you will learn at all our Golf Schools are as follows:
- Importance of both path and blade in putting
- Distance control in putting
- Hit your wedges closer to the hole
- Chip with confidence and accuracy
- Control your distance and spin
- Hit sand shots up and out of the bunker every time
- Learn to hit creative shots to escape difficult lies and situation
- Manage your Scoring Zone shots better
- Unlimited Green and Cart Fees for Days of School
- Maximum 3:1 Student to Teacher
- Custom Rates for 4 Students
- V1 High Speed Video Analysis
- Video Locker
- 3 Months Free Video Follow- Up Via Internet
- U.S. Golf Schools Great Golfing Notebook
- Award Winning PGA – LPGA and PGTCA Professional – Minimum of 15 Years Teaching Golf
- State of the Art Practice Facility for Improved Learning
- Take Home Practice Program
- Custom Club Fitting
- Unlimited Use of State of the Art Practice Facility
- Commuter - No Room No Food